- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 lb +/- Pancetta Bacon
- 1 sm Onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 bag fresh Baby Spinach
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1 c mild, chunky Salsa (like Newman's)
- 2 c Chicken Stock
- 1 can White Beans (Canelli or Navy)
- 1 tblsp Butter
- Heat oil in lg Dutch oven over med flame; add bacon, onion and garlic, and sauté til onions are transluscent and fragrant.
- Add spinach; salt & pepper to taste, and cook til wilted.
- Add salsa, and stir to blend.
- Add stock and stir to blend.
- Add beans and stir to blend.
- Cook, uncovered, 20-30min til hot, thick & bubbly.
- Finish with butter; stir to melt.
- Serve with lots of crusty bread!
NotesLike at Buca di Beppo!
Well, Buca di Beppo USED to have something like this but I don't think they do anymore. I haven't been there in a while!
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More