- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cans (16 oz each)white kidney beans (cannellini)
- 1 small red onion, peeled cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- Drain the beans in a sieve and rinse thouroughly under cold running water.
- Combine with the onion in a large bowl.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
- Add to the beans and toss until coated.
- Let stand or chill briefly and toss again before serving.
NotesThis simple salad is good as a side to pork chops. I suggest that you halve the recipe if cooking for 2. It does not keep well after 2 days in the fridge. From the Olive Oil bottle.
Picture is of white bean salad with avocado and chipotle apple chicken breast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More