- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy friend Erin Campbell made this for dinner one evening. She had found the recipe online and I want to pass it along because it is so tasty!
- 2-md. sized plablno peppers chopped (leave seads for added spice)
- 1-md white onion chopped
- 3-celery stocks chopped
- 2-cloves of garlic chopped
- 1-tsp of salt
- 1-tsp of pepper
- 1-tbsp of Chili Powder
- 1- package of 99% fat free ground turkey (add one more tbsp. of chili powder to the turkey and mix thoroughly)
- 4-cups chicken broth
- 2-regular sized cans white beans (rinse canning juice off)
- 1-regular sized can of Hominy
- Mix the peppers, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper and chili powder with 1 tblsp. of olive oil over heat until onions are translucent, add turkey at this point.
- Once the turkey is cooked add chicken broth and beans.
- Once Chili has simmered for 30 minutes, add Hominy.
- Simmer for 10-15 more minutes. Remove from heat and serve.