- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pita breads, split horizontally in half
- 2T plus 1/3 c olive oil
- 1t dried oregano
- 1 1/2t salt
- 1 1/4t black pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4c fresh parsley
- 2T fresh lemon juice (~
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut each pita half into 8 wedges and arrange evenly over large baking sheet. Brush pita wedges with 2T of oil, then sprinkle with oregano and salt and pepper. Bake 8 minutes, then turn over and bake 8 minutes longer.
- In bowl of food processor, combine beans, parsley, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pulse on and off until coarsely chopped. With machine running, gradually mix in remaining 1/3 c oil until mixture is creamy. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer puree to small bowl and serve pita toasts warm or at room temp alongside.
- You may also like this: bean dip Recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Recipes for Vitality
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More