- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken meat
- 2 (10 ounces) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, and saute the onion and garlic until tender.
- 2. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly.
- 3. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 4. Stir in 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper.
- 6. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 7. Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- 8. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 9. Add lasagna noodles.
- 10. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 11. Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 12. Cover with 1/3 of the noodles, ricotta, and chicken.
- 13. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- 14. Top with remaining noodles and sauce mixture, and sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- 15. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More