- Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryChris and I love Yats' White Chicken Chili (a local Creole joint) but finding the right recipe seemed impossible. This one is as close as I could come. It always gets rave reviews from guests.
- large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- About 20 oz. chicken broth
- 1 - 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 - 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 - 4 oz. can chilies
- 48 oz. Northern beans, drained
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. cumin (or more!)
- 1 - 2 tsp. Cajun spices
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 c. frozen roasted corn
- Throw all the ingredients in the crock pot or dutch oven on low for about 8-10 hours. Top with jack cheese, sour cream, cilantro, salsa and fresh hot peppers.
- To make this recipes more "Yats"-like, shred the chicken with a fork and then add back into the soup before serving.