- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min plus bean soaking
- 16 oz. dried white beans
- at least 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chopped onions (I like Vidalia onions)
- 2 4-oz. cans green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups chopped chicken breast
- 3 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- garnish: sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion, tortilla chips, whatever
- Soak beans according to package directions.
- Drain beans; put in large pot with 6 cups chicken broth, garlic and onions.
- Simmer 3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in green chilies,cumin, oregano, cloves and pepper.
- Add chicken and simmer another hour.
- Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with a handful of grated cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion or whatever you want!
NotesI like this even better than traditional red chili. It's every bit as spicy and warming.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More