- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min plus bean soaking
- 16 oz. dried white beans
- at least 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chopped onions (I like Vidalia onions)
- 2 4-oz. cans green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups chopped chicken breast
- 3 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- garnish: sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion, tortilla chips, whatever
- Soak beans according to package directions.
- Drain beans; put in large pot with 6 cups chicken broth, garlic and onions.
- Simmer 3 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir in green chilies,cumin, oregano, cloves and pepper.
- Add chicken and simmer another hour.
- Add more chicken broth if needed.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with a handful of grated cheese.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion or whatever you want!
NotesI like this even better than traditional red chili. It's every bit as spicy and warming.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Lau Family Recipes
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More