WHITE CHILI (CHICKEN CHILI)
- Cooking Time: 4 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 min plus bean soaking
- 16 oz. dried white beans
- at least 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chopped onions (I like Vidalia onions)
- 2 4-oz. cans green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 cups chopped chicken breast
- 3 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- garnish: sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion, tortilla chips, whatever
Soak beans according to package directions.
Drain beans; put in large pot with 6 cups chicken broth, garlic and onions.
Simmer 3 hours or until beans are tender.
Stir in green chilies,cumin, oregano, cloves and pepper.
Add chicken and simmer another hour.
Add more chicken broth if needed.
Ladle chili into bowls and top with a handful of grated cheese.
Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, chopped green onion or whatever you want!