- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp chopped, seeded jalapeño pepper (I left some of the seeds in)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1+1/2 tsp PLUS 1 tbsp butter or margarine, divided (used fat free Promise)
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage (used poultry seasoning)
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1+1/4 cups chicken broth (made mine from sodium free bouillon)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 can (15+1/2 oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute the onions, jalapeño and garlic in 1+1/2 tsps butter until crisp tender.
- Add the sage, cumin and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the broth and milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir two minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese on each serving.
NotesAnother recipe from TOH's Cooking For One Or Two. Credit Carolyn Swainston, Sheridan, MI
This was delicious. The next time I make it I'll double the recipe.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Veggie breakfast burritos, ready to eat
Santa Fe ChiliSee More