- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to me by a friend of my husband's. It's more like a soup than what one usually thinks of as chili. But, we like it a lot.
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz each) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Add broth, chicken and beans. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with sour cream and jalepeno peppers if desired.