- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz each) chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (15-1/2 oz each) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Saute onions in oil until tender. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, cayenne and cloves. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Add broth, chicken and beans. Simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with sour cream and jalepeno peppers if desired.
NotesThis recipe was given to me by a friend of my husband's. It's more like a soup than what one usually thinks of as chili. But, we like it a lot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More