- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 2Tbl. oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1tsp. chili powder
- 1tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 5 cans Great Northern Beans
- 5 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 to 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1. saute onions, celery and garlic in oil with cumin,chili powder, black pepper,coriander,cloves and cayenne pepper.
- 2. add beans with liquid and 4 cans of chicken broth, choppped green chilies ,salt and oregano.
- 3. bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- 4. poach chicken in remaining can of broth, then chop chiken and add to soup with broth,
- 5. Simmer soup 30 to 40 min.
- 6.Serve with bowls topped with Montery Jack Cheese
NotesI worked in a cardiac intensive care unit and one of the nurse clinicians, Barbara Loveline, was a gourmet cook and she gave this recipe to me. I think the seasonings are what make it so good.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More