- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 150g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 120g good quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Salted Butter Caramel Sauce (see below)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Adjust the rack to the center of the oven. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line the base with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper.
- Triple sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter with an electric beater on high speed until soft and creamy, then slowly add the sugars and beat on high speed until fully incorporated and the mixture is light and fluffy (about 10 minutes). Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Be sure each egg is completely incorporated and scrape down the sides of the bowl before adding the next one. Add the corn syrup and vanilla
- Slowly add the flour and mix on low speed until just combined, then gently stir in the chopped walnuts and chocolate with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Poke holes in the surface of the cake with a skewer or fork. Pour the caramel sauce over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack, then cut into 2-inch squares before serving.
NotesThis recipe is from Chubby Hubby's food blog. Read more about it at my own food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
NFPG Recipe Collection
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More