- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbs milk
- 1-2 tsp stawberry essence
- 1/2 cup white choc bits (melted)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tbs water
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2-1 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- drop of pink/red food colouring
- punnet of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup melted white chocolate
- preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius, line muffin trays with paper/foil cases.
- filling - Throw strawberries, sugar and water into saucepan, bring to boil stirring. let simmer for approx 15-20 minutes, place in fridge or freezer to cool.
- Cake - mix butter and sugar until fluffy. gradually add flour, eggs and milk. mix in strawberry essence. melt chocolate over saucepan or in microwave and add to mixture. pour into cases and bake for approx 20 mins. when golden, place on wire rack to cool.
- Icing- add all ingredients together and mix well.
- when cupcakes are cooled, either cut out a little piece from the top of each cupcake, or if they have sunk in the middle (which they should do)just leave it. spoon a desert spoon of the filling into the hole, then cover whole cupcakes with the buttercream icing.
- decorate with fresh strawberries dipped in white chocolate.
NotesEat one of these, and you'll see the future
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More