- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips and /or coarsely chopped nuts – pecans or walnuts work well (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°/190°C
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add rest of the ingredients. Stir just until blended. It seems as if there is not enough liquid but don’t be fooled. The very ripe bananas add all the moisture needed. Mixing the ingredients together with a fork for 2-3 minutes is all you need to create the batter.
- Pour into greased 9"x5" loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry (unless of course you hit a chocolate chip).
- Cool for 10 minutes on a cake rack before removing from pan.
- To bake muffins, prepare the batter as above and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400°F/200°C, in center of oven.
NotesRecipe adapted from Ruth's Chocolate Banana Bread @ Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories
Fueling a Firehouse
Simple Recipes that Work
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.See More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More