- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time:
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips and /or coarsely chopped nuts – pecans or walnuts work well (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°/190°C
- Mash bananas in a bowl and add rest of the ingredients. Stir just until blended. It seems as if there is not enough liquid but don’t be fooled. The very ripe bananas add all the moisture needed. Mixing the ingredients together with a fork for 2-3 minutes is all you need to create the batter.
- Pour into greased 9"x5" loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry (unless of course you hit a chocolate chip).
- Cool for 10 minutes on a cake rack before removing from pan.
- To bake muffins, prepare the batter as above and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400°F/200°C, in center of oven.
NotesRecipe adapted from Ruth's Chocolate Banana Bread @ Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More