WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY BLONDIE BARS
White Chocolate Cranberry Blondie Bars
- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 12-24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, and eggs. Gradually add flour, baking powder, and salt to the mixture. Fold in the remaining chips into the batter (reserve 1/3 cup white chips for topping). Fold in 1 cup cranberries (reserve 1/2 cup for topping). Spread the batter evenly into a 9x13 inch pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool.
Prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, cream cheese and Grand Marnier or vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, add half the powdered sugar, mix well and then add the rest and mix until smooth and creamy.
Frost the bars. Then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cranberries.
Melt the remaining chips and pipe in a small stream over the top.