WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHERRY SHORTBREAD
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 c cold butter, cubed
- 10 oz chopped white chocolate, divided
- 1/2 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 c maraschino cherris, drained, dried on paper towels, and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the cubed butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in maraschino cherries and 4 oz of the white chocolate (appx 2/3 c). Stir in extract and red food coloring. Knead mixture with hands until it forms a smooth ball.
- Shape dough into 3/4 in balls. Place balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in powdered sugar, flatten balls into 1 1/2 inch rounds. Bake for 10-12 minutes until centers of cookies are set. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute and then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- In a microwaveable, heat-proof bowl, melt white chocolate on HIGH power for 1 minute, stirring after each 20 seconds until smooth and completely melted. Depending on your microwave, check the melting process carefully as the chocolate can scorch easily. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate and allow excess to drip off. Place on wax paper until chocolate is set.
- To store: Layer cookies between waxed paper in airtight container and cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More