WHITE CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
- Servings: 15-20 cookies
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted (I used about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used granulated)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (seemed like a bit much)
- 1 1/2 cups (chopped, if needed) macadamia nuts
- 2 cups white chocolate chips (This was way too much, in my opinion)
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- 2. Mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in the egg, then Mix in the egg yolk, then mix in the vanilla.
- 3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just moistened. Stir in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips by hand.
- 4. Roll into balls or drop by spoonfuls onto a greased and/or lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar if desired.
- 5. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Remember that they need to cool on the baking sheet, so even if they don’t look quite set, it’s okay because they continue to cook after you remove them from the oven. Allow to finish cooling on a rack or on a different surface.
NotesI love macadamia nuts. I've had them in many desserts, and even pancakes! I've wanted to bake with them for a while, but couldn't find them. Finally, without even looking for them, I happened to notice them in the baking aisle at A&P. I immediately tried a cookie recipe with them, and am so glad I did.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More