- Cooking Time: 25-30 min.
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and rough chopped (see note below)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place 1/2 pound of the butter and the brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until a smooth batter is formed. While the machine is running, add the eggs and vanilla extract, until incorporated into the batter.
- Mix in 3 cups flour and baking powder. Slowly add the flour mixture to the batter and mix on low speed until a dough is formed. Very gently, by turning the mixer on and then off, fold the chips and nuts into the dough.
- Once the dough is all blended, line a 11x7-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. This will make it easy to remove the bars and cut them up for serving. Pour the batter into the pan and place in the preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until set yet still moist.
- To toast macadamia nuts : Spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in 400-degree F. oven. Toast until golden (about 5 to 7 minutes) stirring half way through
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More