- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Servings: Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
BackstoryWhite Chocolate Macadamia Cookies are cookie nirvana– chewy, sweet and salty. The sweetness of the white chocolate and the saltiness of the macadamia nuts combine in a chewy vanilla cookie.
- Ingredients for White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies:
- 3/4 cup salted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups roasted, salted macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 1) Make the cookies. In an electric mixer, cream butter. Add white sugar. Cream thoroughly. Add brown sugar all at once. Mix on medium-high until creamy and combined. With mixer on low speed, add baking soda, salt and vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl, if necessary. Stop mixer and add eggs. Beat on medium-medium high until creamy and combined. Add flour and slowly combine. Incorporate white chocolate chips on low speed.
- 2) Allow the dough to rest. Transfer cookie dough to airtight container and refrigerate for several hours or overnight (for best results) or place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- 3) Bake the cookies. Preheat oven to 300(F). Chop macadamia nuts. Spoon dough with a teaspoon so you can get a nice, small round cookie. Press dough into chopped macadamia nuts. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Notes: Makes about 6 dozen small cookies; 3 dozen large. Store baked cookies at room temperature in an airtight container. Store unbaked dough in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 1 month.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Berks Catholic PTO Fall 2015 Recipe AuctionSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More