- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryIn college, I was a facilitator for a calculus study group. To make it more fun, I used to bring in homemade cookies. One of my students asked if I would make his favorite cookies, if his mom sent me the recipe. And so, here they are.
- 8 Tblsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup plus 2 Tblsp flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ lb white chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ½ cup almond slivers
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butte and sugars until smooth and creamy. Then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate and nuts. Don't overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will be slightly browned. Don't over bake.
- Makes 32 cookies.
- Note: Keeping the grill from the broiler pan on the rack below the cookie sheet will keep the cookies from getting too brown.