- Cooking Time: 10 min./batch + cooling
- Servings: 38 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes + chilling
BackstoryWhen I pass around the cookie tray, all eyes land on these fancy thumbprints. The white chocolate filling and dab of jewel-toned jam will satisfy the most discriminating sweet tooth.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Place nuts in another shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg whites, then roll in nuts.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in center of each cookie. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each cookie. Top each with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Store in an airtight container.