- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus 2 tablespoons, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups 1/2-inch cubes day-old bread
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Amaretto Cream Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- For the Bread Pudding: Preheat the oven to 350 degree F. Butter a 10 by 14-inch baking dish with the softened butter. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in the cream, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the bread, chocolate, blueberries, and dried blueberries and stir well, then mix in the melted butter. Let sit for 30 minutes so the bread will absorb the egg mixture.
- Pour into the prepared dish. Bake until firm when pressed in the center, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack until just warm, about 20 minutes.
- For the Amaretto Cream Sauce: In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the Amaretto and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, scald cream over medium heat. Add the Amaretto slurry to the hot cream and whisking constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook, whisking for 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and add the sugar. Whisk until dissolved. Let cool to room temperature before serving with the bread pudding.
- Serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More