WHITE CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) white chocolate chips
- for the frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. sweet butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Combine the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, and strawberry extract in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and butter until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chopped strawberries. Spread frosting on top of the cupcakes.
- Store unfrosted in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com. Recipe from 500 Cupcakes by Fergal Connolly.