WHITE CHOCOLATE AND STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. strawberry extract
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 oz.) white chocolate chips
- for the frosting
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. sweet butter, softened
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place 18 paper baking cups in muffin pans. Combine the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, eggs, and strawberry extract in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pans from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and cool on a rack. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and butter until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chopped strawberries. Spread frosting on top of the cupcakes.
Store unfrosted in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.