- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 8 - 12
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
BackstoryOkay, so I had all of the above ingredients to make a great tasting "Salsa". What did I miss? Oh MY Gosh!!! I forgot to buy Tomato's!!! Not at the grocery store, not at the market, did'nt even think to try and borrow some from the neighbors.
In that case, what do you do when the girls at work are looking forward to some fresh salsa. You whip it up as if you "Intended" to make White Corn Salsa all along and hope for the best. Well low and behold these girl's are still asking for me to bring this recipe. Hmmm I must be "Smarter Than a Fifth Grader". (At least I hope so)
- 1 Can Sweet Corn (0r during season 2 cups fresh off the cob corn)
- 1 Large Green Pepper, chopped finely
- 1 Large Red Peper
- 1 Medium Cucumber, seeded, chopped finely
- 1 Medium Vidaila onion, chopped finely
- 1 can green chili's, chopped
- 2 Jalapeno's, no seeds, finely chopped (or one teaspoon canned jalapeno, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon, fresh Garlic
- 1 large package Cream Cheese, softened
- 2-3 tablespoons Real Mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons, Cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon, garlic chives, snipped
- 1/2 Lime, juice from the lime freshly squeezed.
- 1 teaspoon, ground cumin
- Course fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl cream together cream cheese and real mayo. Did I mentioned that I like Hellmann's the best? Well I do.
- Add minced garlic, cumin, cilantro, black pepper, blend well.
- Next add the juice of 1/2 lime.
- Chopped all the of vegtable ingredients place in a bowl, add the corn last.
- Basically I just incorporate the veggies into the cream cheese mixture.
- Then its off to the refrig to cool off for a while, at least an hour. All of the ingredients get a chance to hang out together and get nice and juicy.
- Just before serving give it all a good stir, serve with Pita chips, garlic chips and tortilla chips.