- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs white raisins
- 1 LB crystallized pineapple
- ½ LB crystallized red cherries
- 1 LB shelled almonds
- 1 LB (2 cups) sugar
- 1 LB (over 3 cups) flour
- 1 LB butter
- 10 eggs
- ¼ LB shelled pecans
- 1 fresh coconut (grated or ground
- 1 wine glass white wine or fruit juice
- Cut all fruits the night before making and mix together.
- Separate eggs and beat egg yolks until golden.
- Stir in sugar gradually and beat well.
- Flour fruit well with some of the flour to keep from sinking to bottom of pan.
- Cream butter and flour together gradually until smooth.
- Then mix with egg and sugar mixture.
- Beat egg whites well and add to fruit gradually.
- Add wine and mix thoroughly.
- Line pan with heavy brown paper.
- Have pan well greased.
- Bake in a very low oven (250°F) for eight hours.
- If you divide mixture into smaller pans it takes less time.
- Test with wire cake tester.
- If batter sticks to wire it is not done.
NotesMy Mother has made this every Christmas holiday season. It's more like a decadent, fruity poundcake and may convert those who don't usually like fruitcake.
A lot of work - but so very good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More