- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryNot everyone likes fruitcake - until they try it!!
- 1 lb. can of sliced pineapple in juice, drained
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 lb. light brown sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 16 oz. candied cherries
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 lb. butter
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 lb. pecans
- Cut pineapple rings into 8ths.
- Simmer with sugar in skillet until golden. Cool.
- In a mixer cream butter, brown sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla.
- Fold in cherries, raisins, pineapple and nuts.
- Bake in a greased Angelfood cake pan for 1 & 1/2 hours.
- Or 2 (9 X 5) loaf pans for 1 hr. 45 minutes.
- Or small loaf pans for 1 hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees. Cool.
- Refrigerate to last longer. Enjoy