- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper
- 1 box oven-ready lasagna noodles, 12 noodles
- 2 10-ounce boxes frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry, or 1 bag of fresh spinach, chopped up
- 4 cups shredded Italian four-cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place a large saucepot over medium heat and melt the butter. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for about 1 minute. Sauté the onion and the garlic in the butter and flour. Whisk in the milk and chicken stock, and bring the sauce up to a bubble. Add in the salt and freshly ground black pepper. Simmer until the sauce thickens, 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the lasagna by ladling a small amount (about 1/2 cup, just eyeball it) of the sauce into the bottom of a 13x9" baking dish. Lay three of the lasagna noodles over the sauce and top them with about 1/3 of the spinach. Top with about 1 cup of the sauce and about 1 cup of the shredded cheese (about 2 generous handfuls). Make two more layers of the lasagna by laying down three lasagna noodles, about 1/3 of the spinach, 1 cup of the sauce and about 1 cup shredded cheese for each layer. Top the lasagna off with the last three noodles, the remaining sauce, and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake the lasagna for 30 minutes. Remove the foil from the baking dish and bake another 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More