- Cooking Time: 22 minutes
- Servings: 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup butter,cubed
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. preheat ovento 375*F and grease
- a 15-by-10-inch baking dish. In a
- large saucepan,bring 1 cup butter
- and water just to a boil.
- 2. immediately remove from heat;stir
- in flour, sugar,eggs,sour cream,
- salt,baking powder,extract,and
- baking soda until smooth. Pour
- batter into prepare baking dish.
- 3.Bake for 18 to 22 minutes,or until
- golden brown and a toothpick
- inserted into center of cake comes
- out clean. Allow cake to cool on a
- wire rack for 20 minutes.
- 4. In a large saucepan, bring
- remaining butter and milk just to a
- boil;immediately remove from heat.
- 5. Stir in confectioners' sugar and
- almond extract until smooth. Stir in
- walnuts, and spread frosting over
- warm cake. Allow to cool
- completely before serving.
NotesThis recipe is a fast an easy dessert with a catchy name for all the Texans ingredients that you probably have right in your home what other reason to share the delightful peace of work.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More