- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter/margarine, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over fruit mixture. Pour melted butter/margarine over cake mix.
- If desired sprinkle 1 cup coconut and/or 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden browned and bubbly.
NotesThis "cake" is more of a cobbler and is typically known as "Dump Cake". I remember my Nana making it occassionally when I was a child, and in spite of my childhood distaste for cherries I loved this dessert. Although my Nana was anything but "white trash" this dessert screams that to me, and since I cringe at the thought of loving a dessert named "Dump Cake" I've renamed this "White Trash Wedding Cake". Super simple and totally delish. Enjoy!
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More