- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 stick butter/margarine, melted
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over fruit mixture. Pour melted butter/margarine over cake mix.
- If desired sprinkle 1 cup coconut and/or 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden browned and bubbly.
NotesThis "cake" is more of a cobbler and is typically known as "Dump Cake". I remember my Nana making it occassionally when I was a child, and in spite of my childhood distaste for cherries I loved this dessert. Although my Nana was anything but "white trash" this dessert screams that to me, and since I cringe at the thought of loving a dessert named "Dump Cake" I've renamed this "White Trash Wedding Cake". Super simple and totally delish. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More