WHITE CHOCOLATE & PISTACHIO COOKIES
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 125g white choc chips
- 250g raw unsalted pistachios, shelled and peeled if possible
- If you don't have access to shelled and peeled pistachios, you will need to shell and peel them yourself.
If you don't have access to shelled and peeled pistachios, you will need to shell and peel them yourself.
100g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
125g white choc chips
250g raw unsalted pistachios, shelled and peeled if possible
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper and set aside. Sift together the flour and baking soda and also set aside.
2. Place 100g of shelled, peeled pistachios into a food processor with the caster sugar and pulse till you have a fine meal, then place the pistachio meal in a bowl. Pulse the remaining pistachios till roughly chopped, then place in a seperate bowl.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar till soft and fluffy, then add the sugar/pistachio meal and beat well. Add the vanilla and egg and beat till combined, then beat in the flour. Once the dough is smooth and thick, add the chopped pistachio and white chocolate and mix to combine.
4. Pinch off tablespoons of dough and roll them into walnut-sized balls in your hands, then place them 10cm apart on a baking tray (they do a *lot* of spreading). Bake for 10-12 minutes, till the cookies are golden all over and a darker gold around the edges.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes, then remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling down. Stored in a dry, airtight container, these cookies will last about a week, though depending on how many mouths are around, they may devoured in a much shorter time!