- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg (I used extra large)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Butter an 8x8 pan and preheat the oven to 325.
- Beat the egg and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and mix in along with the butter until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until just incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans and white chocolate.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Bake about 24-28 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out *almost* clean, with a crumb or two stuck to it.
- Place pan on a cooling rack to cool. Cut into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More