- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg (I used extra large)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips
- Butter an 8x8 pan and preheat the oven to 325.
- Beat the egg and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and almond extract and mix in along with the butter until well incorporated.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating until just incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans and white chocolate.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Bake about 24-28 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out *almost* clean, with a crumb or two stuck to it.
- Place pan on a cooling rack to cool. Cut into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More