WHOLE GRAIN OATMEAL COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 9-11 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbls. milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole grain cereal flakes (Total, bran flakes, etc.)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter and sugars.
Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.
Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
Fold in cereal, oats, and raisins with a wooden spoon.
Use a teaspoon or one inch cookie scoop to drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet two inches apart.
Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.