- Cooking Time: 12-17 minutes each sheet
- Servings: Approx 30 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- • 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- • 2 tsp baking powder
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • 1/4 tsp baking soda
- • 1 cup white sugar (I used raw sugar)
- • 2/3 cup butter, softened
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- • 1 large overripe mashed banana
- • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- • 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- • 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together, and set aside.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Gradually add the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts. Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets (they don't spread much).
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until golden brown. If you are doing two batches with the same cookie sheet, make sure to let the cookie sheet cool completely before adding more cookie dough. Let cookies cool on rack. Enjoy.
NotesAdapted to use the always one leftover overripe banana & sick of making banana bread!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More