- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 T. butter, chopped
- 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extact
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 T. cream
- 2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c.wheat bran (or oat bran)
- 2 T. vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 tsp. yeast (I use Sam's club instant yeast)
- Place in bread pan in order listed.
- Bake on Basic 1 (1 lb. loaf, light crust) not on wheat cycle.
- Wonderful texture and taste.
NotesI wanted a 100% whole wheat bread that was light and tasty. This is what I came up with. It should rise almost to the dome in a 2 lb. machine.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Lemon Blueberry BreadSee More