- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 T. butter, chopped
- 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extact
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 T. cream
- 2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c.wheat bran (or oat bran)
- 2 T. vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 tsp. yeast (I use Sam's club instant yeast)
- Place in bread pan in order listed.
- Bake on Basic 1 (1 lb. loaf, light crust) not on wheat cycle.
- Wonderful texture and taste.
NotesI wanted a 100% whole wheat bread that was light and tasty. This is what I came up with. It should rise almost to the dome in a 2 lb. machine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More