- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. warm water
- 2 T. butter, chopped
- 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extact
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 T. molasses
- 1 T. cream
- 2 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c.wheat bran (or oat bran)
- 2 T. vital wheat gluten
- 1 1/2 tsp. yeast (I use Sam's club instant yeast)
- Place in bread pan in order listed.
- Bake on Basic 1 (1 lb. loaf, light crust) not on wheat cycle.
- Wonderful texture and taste.
NotesI wanted a 100% whole wheat bread that was light and tasty. This is what I came up with. It should rise almost to the dome in a 2 lb. machine.
Short & Sweet
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More