- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup café mocha instant coffee crystals
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 18 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 42 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and instant coffee crystals together, until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Combine flours in a separate bowl and add to butter mixture; mix well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets.
- Press thumb into cookie center.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until cookies begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, heat caramels and cream; stirring frequently.
- Using a teaspoon, drop melted caramel into each thumbprint, placing a chocolate-covered coffee bean on caramel immediately.
- Store in an airtight container, at room temperature, for up to three days.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More