Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar (or equivalent Splenda substitute)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup eggbeaters (or other egg substitute)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix sugars, butter, applesauce until well blended.
3. Add in vanilla and eggbeaters
4. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt ( dough may be stiff)
5. If necessary, add approx. 1/3 cup more flour, depending on consistency of batter.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
7. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
9. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Pairs Well With
Health and nutrition is my main concern when baking, so I have worked diligently in putting together healthful yet delicious dessert recipes. Enjoy everyone!!