- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was looking for a healthier muffin and this is what I found. I used substituted sugar substitute and added blueberries, they turned out really awesome and not overwhelmingly wheaty.
- 1 cup brown sugar (i subbed fake sugar and a touch of molasses)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 -4 bananas, very ripe
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup steel cut oats (or old-fashioned oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 regular-sized muffin tins with liners, or coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Cream butter and sugar.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients, one at a time. Mix well.
- 4. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- 5. Bake 20 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- 6. Serve warm with butter (my favorite!), or cool.
- 7. **Baking tip**: when baking with muffin liners, reduce oven heat by 25 degrees, and keep the baking time the same. It will keep the muffins from getting too brown on the bottom and sticking to the paper.