- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup of dry oats
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon of soy milk
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- egg substitute equivalent of 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup raisins**
- 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds (optional)
- **I used 1/4 cup chocolate chips instead of raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper.
- Sift the salt, cinnamon, baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Stir to blend together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar.
- Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms.
- This dough will be very slightly sticky.
- At this point, add the vanilla essence, raisins and nuts (if you are using) and mix well into the dough.
- This step will require a little more strength because the dough is pretty stiff due to the whole wheat flour.
- But just try to incorporate the raisins into the dough.
- Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row.
- Flatten to about 3/4.
- Just keep in mind that this dough will barely flatten out when its baking so what you see is what you get.
- Just don't flatten it too thin that it will turn out to be crunchy like a biscuit instead of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- You will probably get about 15 to a standard 9x13 cookie tray. Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- When its done, remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack.
- It is very good just out of the oven and still slightly warm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More