- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup of dry oats
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 tablespoon oil + 1 tablespoon of soy milk
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup of sugar or artificial sweetener
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- egg substitute equivalent of 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup raisins**
- 1/4 cup of nuts or seeds (optional)
- **I used 1/4 cup chocolate chips instead of raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet either with non-stick spray or a parchment paper.
- Sift the salt, cinnamon, baking soda into the flour and oatmeal in a bowl.
- Stir to blend together.
- In a mixing bowl, beat olive oil (and/or milk) together with the vegan sugar.
- Add in applesauce and egg substitute and beat well.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat on medium until a semi-stiff dough forms.
- This dough will be very slightly sticky.
- At this point, add the vanilla essence, raisins and nuts (if you are using) and mix well into the dough.
- This step will require a little more strength because the dough is pretty stiff due to the whole wheat flour.
- But just try to incorporate the raisins into the dough.
- Drop by tablespoonful about 3 to a row.
- Flatten to about 3/4.
- Just keep in mind that this dough will barely flatten out when its baking so what you see is what you get.
- Just don't flatten it too thin that it will turn out to be crunchy like a biscuit instead of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
- You will probably get about 15 to a standard 9x13 cookie tray. Bake in the center of oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- When its done, remove from cookie tray and cool on a rack.
- It is very good just out of the oven and still slightly warm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Adventures in Cooking
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More