- Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe muffins were moist, light and very flavorful. I did some calculations and found out that each muffin is about 163 cal. They taste like those famous Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 TB honey (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TB or so of raw sugar (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375' F
- Spray 12 muffin tins with the cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, bran, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the applesauce, yogurt, oil, honey, egg and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. You don't want to over stir or you'll end up with a dense muffin. (These aren't like cupcakes which require lots of beating).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the raw sugar.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the muffins spring back when touched in the center.
- Immediately remove from the tins and let cool a tiny bit before eating