- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup milk (fat free if you choose)
- ¾ cup wheat
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. soda
- 2 eggs (or egg beaters)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 TBS. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Put milk and wheat in the blender.
- Blend on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again momentarily.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Let sit for a 15 minutes (to thicken).
- In skillet cook pancakes. Makes 12 pancakes.
NotesHeathy, hardy and very yum!! My mother made this when I was growing up. Now my husband begs for it on Sunday mornings!
I mix it up and sometimes add slices of banana or frozen blueberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Special SmoothiesSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More