- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup milk (fat free if you choose)
- ¾ cup wheat
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. soda
- 2 eggs (or egg beaters)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 TBS. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Put milk and wheat in the blender.
- Blend on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again momentarily.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Let sit for a 15 minutes (to thicken).
- In skillet cook pancakes. Makes 12 pancakes.
NotesHeathy, hardy and very yum!! My mother made this when I was growing up. Now my husband begs for it on Sunday mornings!
I mix it up and sometimes add slices of banana or frozen blueberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More