- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup milk (fat free if you choose)
- ¾ cup wheat
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. soda
- 2 eggs (or egg beaters)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 TBS. honey
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Put milk and wheat in the blender.
- Blend on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again momentarily.
- Add 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Stir with a spoon.
- Let sit for a 15 minutes (to thicken).
- In skillet cook pancakes. Makes 12 pancakes.
NotesHeathy, hardy and very yum!! My mother made this when I was growing up. Now my husband begs for it on Sunday mornings!
I mix it up and sometimes add slices of banana or frozen blueberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
NFPG Recipe Collection
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More