WHOLE WHEAT PASTA WITH HERBED RICOTTA
- Cooking Time: 12
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup (plus additional for serving) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat corkscrew pasta
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, 1/4 cup Romano, and half of basil.
Add pasta to boiling water and cook as label directs, adding tomatoes when 3 minutes of cooking time remain.
Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and tomatoes; return to pot. Add reserved cooking water to ricotta mixture; stir into pasta and tomatoes. Toss with remaining basil. Serve with additional cheese if you like.