- Cooking Time: 55 Min
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 Min.
- 4 steamed artichokes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thiny sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Use a paring knife to trim away all of the artichokes' fibrous leaves and chokes so only the hearts remain. Slice the hearts thinly crosswise. In a small bowl, toss artichoke hearts with lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Stretch dough on prepared sheet and brush with oil, making sure to coat edges well. Scatter spoonfuls of ricotta over dough. Top with tomatoes, artichokes, olives, and 3/4 of the Pecorino. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake pizza until browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Top cooked pizza with basil and reserved Pecorino
NotesThe meaty artichoke hearts provide a nice balance to the light and creamy ricotta cheese. Take premade dough out of the fridge a few hours before you plan on using it to let it rise.
per serving: 537 calories; 24 g protein; 20 g fat; 68 g carb; 12 g fiber
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More