- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 pckg dry yeast
- 1 can evaporated fat free milk, warmed
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm milk in a large bowl, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg to mixture
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups AP flour and 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour.
- Cover and let stand 20-30 minutes
- Add 3/4 cup AP flour and salt. Stir until soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 40 minutes or until doubled in size
- Form dough into a rectangle and flatten to redistribute gases. Fold into thirds. Repeat 3 times. Cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into ball and cut into 16 equal portions. Working with one portion at a time, shape dough into balls by folding dough in on itself, pinching the bottom to create a smooth top, and lightly rolling ball on counter. Place shaped dough on 2 baking sheets, each lightly sprinkled with 1/2 tsp cornmeal. Lightly coat shaped dough portions with cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Brush dough portions with butter. Place one baking sheet on bottom oven rack and one baking sheet on middle oven rack. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, rotate backing sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Place on wire racks. Serve warm, or cool on wire racks
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More