- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, trimmed and chopped (about 14 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the chard and saute until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes with their juices, wine, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the tomatoes begin to break down and the chard is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season the chard mixture, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring frequently, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the spaghetti. Add the spaghetti to the chard mixture and toss to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to serving bowls. Sprinkle the olives, cheese, and pine nuts and serve.
NotesLove this --- it is from Giada's Family Dinners
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More