- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large bunch swiss chard (stems and leaves roughly chopped)
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cans petite diced or diced tomatoes
- minced garlic (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti, cooked while preparing sauce
- olive oil
- 4 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- In a very large skillet (I use a wok), heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and saute onions for about 10-15 minutes until browned and carmelized.
- Add in chard, salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Saute for about 3-5 minutes, until chard has wilted. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes, and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour in the two cans of tomatoes, with juice, and stir. bring the mixture up to a simmer, and cook for about 5 minutes, until everything is heated through, and tomato juice has thickened slightly.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet, and combone the sauce with the pasta.
- Pour the whole mixture into a serving bowl and top with the olives and pine nuts.
- This dish looks really beautiful, with the red and green sauce and the bright purple olives and toasted pine nuts on top.
- It's also delicious as leftovers, cold or reheated.
NotesI saw this recipe on Everyday Italian, and I knew I had to make it. My husband loved it!
This dish looks really beautiful, with the red and green sauce and the bright purple olives and toasted pine nuts on top.
It's also delicious as leftovers, cold or reheated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More