- Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour - sifted
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons clear vanilla
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups shortening
- Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs and beat. Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add to mixture alternating with hot water.
- Drop by the spoonful on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Make sure they are done, if not they will be too flat. They are supposed to be fluffy.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add vanilla. Then add the flour, milk and 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Beat to cream. Add remaining sugar and shortening a little at a time. Beat till smooth and fluffy.
- To make cookies: sandwich filling between two chocolate cookies of equal size.
NotesDarcie: When you eat these you will say "whoopie" because they are so good, thus the name!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More