- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 2
BackstoryThis, the full grown pshyco crazy black sheep of the coffee world, was how I used to start my day off everyday for years.
With 8 shots of espresso, it is sure to give a jolt to the most advanced coffee drinkers. Be warned though, if you have a low tollerance to caffine, this drink could cause caffine overdose, a seriouse condition that can speed up your heart beat, shut down the kidneys, and cause you to feel "run down". Yes, thats right, too much caffine can actually have a reverse effect and knock you right out!! Only drink if you are confident you can handle it!!
I have seen 1 shop serve more than 8 shots in one drink. A shop in Denver used to have a "pitcher of espresso" that came with 16 shots!!! You could also order a "pitcher of hot chocolate" and mix your own mocha's at the table. While most people got the "pitchers" for a group of people, I have known those EXTREAME COFFEE-HOLICS that would just down the whole thing at once!!!
- 8 shots fresh brewed espresso (approx 1.5 oz each)
- 2 oz Vanilla Flavored Syrup
- 2 oz steamed (frothed) 1/2 and 1/2
- Add the flavored syrup to the bottom of the glass.
- Brew the espresso. If possible, it is always best to brew the espresso straight into the cup/glass, though most machines are not large enough to accommodate a 20 oz glass. An extraction pitcher/shot glass will work to brew the espresso into.
- As you brew the espresso, start to steam the 1/2 and 1/2. Steamed milk should retain a velvety consistency. Start with the steaming pitcher 40% full and slowly the raise the steam wand until the milk (1/2 and 1/2) has expanded to the 60% mark. The milk (1/2 and 1/2) should never go above 155 degrees F. as it will scorch.
- Add 8 shots of espresso to the glass if it was not brewed directly into it.
- Slowly pour in the steamed milk (1/2 and 1/2).