- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 eggs, separated
- 180 g butter, vell softened
- 180 caster sugar
- 180 g almonds, ground
- 180 g poppy seeds, ground
- Dark and white chocolate, melted separately (with a bit of oil)
- Preheat your oven to 180*C.
- Prepare baking tin.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, adding half of the sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix butter, sugar and egg yolks until soft and creamy.
- Add almonds and poppy seeds.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into baking dish, bake 30 minutes.
- After taking the cake out, let it cool slightly in the tin first, then put it on a serving dish.
- Melt dark chocolate (add 1-2 tbs oil), pour over the cake, then do the same with white chocolate. Enjoy!
NotesThis cake is beautifully moist, easy to prepare and gluten free. I found this recipe in an Austrian magazine (1993), during my 'temporary' staying in Austria.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Breads and Pastry 101
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More