- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs minces shallots
- 3 cups coarsly chopped wild mushrooms (portobello, crimini, and/or shitake)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs Marsala wine
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I left this out)
- In a 2-quart sauce pain, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and stir until softened.
- Add broth, water, marsala wine, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- In a 1 1/2 quart sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the flour until well absorbed.
- Stir in the mushrooms and broth, stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
NotesI found this recipe in a vegetarian cookbook. I have made it quite a few times and just love it. It's great over tortellini or even over chicken. It tastes better every time I make it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More