- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs minces shallots
- 3 cups coarsly chopped wild mushrooms (portobello, crimini, and/or shitake)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbs Marsala wine
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 tbs all purpose flour
- 3 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (I left this out)
- In a 2-quart sauce pain, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until tender.
- Add mushrooms and stir until softened.
- Add broth, water, marsala wine, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- In a 1 1/2 quart sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the flour until well absorbed.
- Stir in the mushrooms and broth, stir until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add the cream, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
NotesI found this recipe in a vegetarian cookbook. I have made it quite a few times and just love it. It's great over tortellini or even over chicken. It tastes better every time I make it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More