- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, shallots, and carrot; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon vegetable mixture into a medium bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add button mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add button mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shiitake mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shiitake mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Combine vegetable mixture and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in sherry and remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
My Family Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More