- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, shallots, and carrot; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon vegetable mixture into a medium bowl.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add button mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add button mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shiitake mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add shiitake mushrooms to vegetable mixture.
- Combine vegetable mixture and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Stir in sherry and remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More