- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 lb. of any mushrooms, sliced, the wilder the better
- 1 x large chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or Madeira
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 x bay leaf
- 4 cups of chicken, beef or vegetable stock
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 x bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Wild Mushroom Soup
- Melt the butter in a soup pot and add the onions and mushrooms. Sauté for five minutes or so until the mushrooms are wilted and release their moisture.
- Add the wine, thyme, bay leaf and flour and reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking for another five minutes or so stirring constantly and scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Add the stock and cream and simmer for another 20 minutes or so. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as is or if your prefer puree all or part of the soup. Sprinkle each bowl with lots of chopped fresh parsley.
- By Michael Smith
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More